"Taking it one day at a time because there is nothing better to do than living in the present."

Monday, January 11, 2010

Big down day for me....

I should had left my GLD straddle position last Friday but did not. Today gold prices increased in dramatic fashion and I took a major hit. At the close of my Jan10 107 straddle I lost $275.5 including commissions. Talk about not surpassing my stop losses for the month. A major blow, indeed.

I am unable to time the market right presently. The internal market conditions are bullish but stocks that I am in are getting whacked. One note to add today is YGE shooting over $18.00 as shown in graph below. Thank god I did not stick around to see the pop up. That would have tacked on at least another $100 loss if I had stayed in my sold puts.

Another example that trend is your friend when you follow it. Clearly my losses were directly on the opposite side of trends. For now I am long financial stocks due to last week's up trend and will be picking at specific institutions. I am not going against the trend....

No comments:

Disclaimer

All information in this blog are not to be used as investments by anyone. It is shown only to record my own experiences in the markets. I am not responsible for any lose, pain, anguish, or death you may have from following my trades. Therefore I polity warn all readers to use this site's information at their own discretion.