"Taking it one day at a time because there is nothing better to do than living in the present."

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Timing it Right.... I did not...


I purchased a NDX vertical-(1875/1900) put yesterday at $12.30 and sold it today at $13.85, a little to early. As the chart above shows there was a significant drop after where I sold. Market indicators at the time had techs continue to drop, but because financial companies and airlines were going up so I felt a turn to the upside was around the corner. Indeed the market pulled up around 10:30. Yet I should have let the momentum of the trend push me out of the trade versus my own instincts. The reason is because right after I sold the spread, two minutes later it was marked around $14.80. The spread peak was around $15.50 and that was easy money I did not pick up.

On the other hand it is always better to wish I had more gains than to accept a significant lost. Right now I am getting wacked on my YGE puts spread and feel I need to close them today. Not sure yet.

No comments:

Disclaimer

All information in this blog are not to be used as investments by anyone. It is shown only to record my own experiences in the markets. I am not responsible for any lose, pain, anguish, or death you may have from following my trades. Therefore I polity warn all readers to use this site's information at their own discretion.