"Taking it one day at a time because there is nothing better to do than living in the present."

Friday, February 5, 2010

Feb 05 Intraday SPX

After reading from a variety of stock traders' blogs and stocktwitters I decided to record today's $TICK symbol data. A value that many traders discussed about the tick, so called extreme levels on the $TICK were at +/-1000. At +1000 institutions with large quantities of cash would be purchasing equities, and vise verse -1000 institutions are heavy salers of equities. Below is the SPX 1min chart and $TICK 1min chart.
Throughout the day from initial open up until about 11:30am the market was fairly neutral. However around that time the $TICK was substantially in the negative. Between that time interval the $TICK had hit -1000 three times as marked as gray circles. As the day progressed there were more -1000 hits. Of course the overall market caved in on itself. Yet if I had identified that the $TICK was so ominously negative, before 11:30am I could have had a huge advantage in a risk/reward short index position. Note the $TICK never even hit 1000 as the day progressed, and with a negative trending day it is hard to believe that there will be any hits above 1000 for the rest of today's session.

As I write this post, just around 2:46pm there is another hit at -1000 but the SPX has gain about 5+ points from its days low. Seeing how negative the $TICK is today, I am predicting the SPX will have to test today's low, 1044, again.

Update: Novice trader I still am. Boy am I glad I did not short anything today, yikes. Market actually ended up today.

No comments:

Disclaimer

All information in this blog are not to be used as investments by anyone. It is shown only to record my own experiences in the markets. I am not responsible for any lose, pain, anguish, or death you may have from following my trades. Therefore I polity warn all readers to use this site's information at their own discretion.