"Taking it one day at a time because there is nothing better to do than living in the present."

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Are we really in Cross Roads or More of the Same

In 2008 when the markets started to go lower I remember the feeling of excitement and great opportunities created for me. I invested in companies such as Citi Group and MF Global. The share values back then for Citi Group I remember very vividly was at $27. I had over a thousand shares and within one day the stock turned into $21. I left a lost at $23 and from that day on I never got back to break even in all my days investing in the market. (Note the Citi Group share values were before 10:1 reverse split. The stock stabilized around $3 when the reverse split occurred.)

When Obama went into office he was able to pass a stimulus program that would boost America's economy. That was sometime in February 2009. Right before the "so call" most important congress vote for a stimulus bill the stock market had already fallen from its peak. I remember reading and hearing about the news everyday and night about what the stimulus bill would do for the economy, but with all the optimism and hopium for a "necessary" stimulus once the bill was passed the markets plunged. The markets continue to plunge for the next year. The rest is history but it has left mental and emotions scares on me for life.

In less than two weeks Greece with have an election that is now called the election that will seal the fate of Europe. There is hope from everyone that all would be well after this vote. G-20 meeting a day after the vote. Such importance leds me to believe we are about to head lower in the markets.

I see this as a full repeat of 2008-09 because we haven't changed. Simply to put it what ever happens in Greece vote will not change the underlining problem, debt. Rather going into a rant and being negative I simply just want to put out my position in the present market. I am anticipating on shorting the indexes sometime before the vote to be ready for a big hit to the downside. Of course I can be totally wrong hence I need to determine my risks before I enter a trade.

The simple fact is we can go either way here. The Fed could possibly save the day by expressing QE 3 or they could fold their hands and see how Europe unfolds. This is my biggest concern for being a bear, but if I manage my risk properly I should be safe. I will report back next week on my outcome.

No comments:

Disclaimer

All information in this blog are not to be used as investments by anyone. It is shown only to record my own experiences in the markets. I am not responsible for any lose, pain, anguish, or death you may have from following my trades. Therefore I polity warn all readers to use this site's information at their own discretion.